IMDB Replacement Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Even a second of silence was enough to get her hooked.

2 posters

Go down

Even a second of silence was enough to get her hooked. Empty Even a second of silence was enough to get her hooked.

Post by Guy_VO Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:55 pm

Guy_VO
Guy_VO

Back to top Go down

Even a second of silence was enough to get her hooked. Empty Re: Even a second of silence was enough to get her hooked.

Post by jock_tamsons_wee_brother Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:37 pm

Thanks for the link Guy_VO. Much appreciated.

Quite a few things have been happening in my life this year, apart form moving to a new property, nothing dramatic or major. With the new change of scenery, as well as the lousy summer weather, I have been a lot less physically active and this gave me an opportunity to watch TV boxsets, mostly comedy, that I had started watching and never got round to finishing as well as new ones like Person of Interest, True Blood, Vampire Diaries and Blake's 7 .

While doing this, I have been taking a break from the small number of TV shows, including BSG,that I had watched on a regular basis. Reading the article that you provided got me interested in watching a few eps of BSG again. I was interested to see how it would compare after watching the more modern and high budget TV series. Thankfully BSG still stands up and is frankly better than the stuff that has followed it. I do think BSG boasts the strongest and most diverse of ensemble casts seen in a TV series. I also think there is the element of the small details that brings out the series. This is mentioned in the article but what I also like is that in dialogue heavy scenes, there is as much drama in the background as there is between the main characters involved. By that I mean, the facial expressions and even more importantly lack of dialogue from background characters illuminates more about the drama of the scene than that gives by the main characters involved in it. The background characters, like us the audience, are spectators to the unfolding drama, and it draws us in to it.

With this article and the recent watch of random eps, I'm looking forward to watching the series again. However, I'm going to try to avoid binge watching as I have done in the past but try to watch an episode here and there. I've got nothing against binge watching but I've done it so many times in the past and I want to savour this re-watch of the series like I would like a fine wine, if that makes sense.

jock_tamsons_wee_brother

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum