IMDB Replacement Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bear McCreary

4 posters

Go down

Bear McCreary Empty Bear McCreary

Post by Guy_VO Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:29 am

The whole BSG series can not do without the truly outstanding music by Bear McCreary.
It is inseparable from the whole BSG experience.
The music gives me goosebumps

Last edited by Guy_VO on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:33 pm; edited 4 times in total
Guy_VO
Guy_VO

Back to top Go down

Bear McCreary Empty Re: Bear McCreary

Post by Guy_VO Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:24 pm

You know, watching such live performances can bring me to tears.
A bunch of people loving music, being so passionate about their instrument, practicing thousands of hours to master it, and ultimately working together in perfect harmony to create something beautiful.

Last edited by Guy_VO on Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Guy_VO
Guy_VO

Back to top Go down

Post by President Ackbar Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:36 pm

Agreed!

It's hard to believe he wasn't even the original composer!
President Ackbar
President Ackbar

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeConhale Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:40 pm

I flew from the US east coast out to San Diego and back in less than 24 hours just because he was throwing a BSG concert with Grace Park and Edward J. Olmos as hosts.

Incredibly fun. Still got the autographed poster from the band in my house.

Guy's a genius.

JakeConhale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guy_VO Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Guy_VO
Guy_VO

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeConhale Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Yeah, like that. I believe Bear later joked that that female musician (cellist?) "did things with her instrument that are outlawed in Utah"

Almost thought that was the show I was at, but the crowd was better dressed. Still one of the best concerts I've been to. Only Darius Rucker was nearly as enjoyable.

JakeConhale

Back to top Go down

Post by jock_tamsons_wee_brother Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:01 pm

I used to be into Classical music years and years ago and only have started to get back into it.

Because of this, I decided to listen to some of the BSG OST from youtube. From what I can gather there are a lot of tracks that have been extended from what is shown in the show to make them complete pieces. I don't know too much about classical music to judge what is good or bad, types of styles etc but from what I listened of the OST on it's own without the burden of viewing images as well as keeping in mind the story, particulars of scene etc, I would say it is good. I did notice a lot of intensity and a variety of different instruments as well as a mixture of snyths and other electroncia.

I also listened to the tracks of the OST and remembered the particular scene it was in. It made me realise how much I enjoy the show. I remember the first few times I had watched the series and the soundtrack stood out. I'm not sure if after repeated viewings, the impact of the music has lessened or it is due to the way I ripped the show so I can view it on my HTPC that has affected the soundtrack. Listening to the OST on it's own has made me aware of the music of the show and when I watch more of the show, I'm going to be aware of the soundtrack and how it sounds. Maybe it is simply due to over familiarity that I don't music the soundtrack as much or I might have to experiment with the sounds setting when ripping to see if there is any improvement.

In the meantime, I am going to listen to the tracks a few more times as well as listen to more on youtube.

jock_tamsons_wee_brother

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum